The Technical Exorcist

February 24th, 2007

What I've been Working On Lately

Posted by exorcist in Website Updates

Most of the work on been doing on has been related to getting advertisements in place with Google Adsense. Google Adsense provides us with content sensitive advertising in an unobtrusive manner. It is my goal to eventually have the site pay for it’s own hosting. As easy as Google makes it to put ad’s up, it has still taken a fair amount of work on my part, in part because I am working with people whose goals are artistic in nature rather than economic. Another problem I ran into was Google limitations on ad placement. Google doesn’t want people to create Ad-Farm sites with their product, so they limit you to three text ad’s per page. I wanted to put a text ad at the bottom of each post on the Troll Cave, but I wanted to have more than three posts on the main page. In the end, I decided to have one Google ad per day, rather than per post. To my disappointment, WordPress doesn’t have any built-in function to make this easy, and I had to write one of my own.

If you’d like to try out targeted advertising, you should

Other than that, I helped Chickenman get set up, put up the Good Doggy’s latest version of the site map, and made more optimization changes.

Leave a reply